The Sports Car Club of America's Performance Rally Board (PRB) and Road Rally Board (RRB) each passed rules during 2000 for Historic Rally classes in the Performance Rally and National Road Rally (TSD) Championships.
Lack of entries during the 2001 and 2002 seasons have spawned several revisions to the Historic Class rules in order to generate more interest. The original alignment with FIA's Appendix K was deemed too restrictive, so a revision was drawn up by Dan Cook and Bill Rhodes, and presented to the PRB in 2002. The PRB felt it was still too restrictive, so it was turned down. The lastest revision was written by Phil Smith and consists of only a few regulations.
Details may be found by clicking on the SCCA logos below.
- Feb 2003 - Proposed revision for Performance Rally Historic Class.
- Mar 2002 - Proposed revision for Performance Rally Historic Class.
- Feb 2002 - Historic Class gets its first contest at 100 Acre Wood.
- Sep 2001 - Byford's BMW 2002 wins Historic award at Wild West
- Mar 2001 - Program for the 1954 Continental Divide Rally.